Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast
Results 21 to 30 of 37

Thread: Dyno'd my JRSC ITR

  1. #21
    Inactive Member Rboosted717's Avatar
    Join Date
    April 5th, 2000
    Posts
    690
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

    Post

    Lol, vapor trail. Your talking about Scotts car, and whats his names car. FYI, Scott is running 7psi not 8psi. He also has a blown piston ring after talking to him last, and is planing a rebuild. The other was said to have like 10psi not 6psi according to Scott. I don't doubt your numbers at all. In fact I'm the one who tried some of yours and Scotts tricks. They do work.
    Yet for some reason I've now seen about 5+ ITR's that baseline around 178-191whp stock. My car, my friends R, Scott's R, that other guys car you work on, Mark, etc... are all proof that tuning is the key factor with our cars. Its almost impossable to stress how much good tuning matters. Once I get the header, and test pipe on soon I will post numbers. Then after that I'm going to a custom computer.
    BTW: Congrats on the killer work on both R's! You have done a killer job! Especally fighting the humidity in FL!
    ------------------
    Mike Marsey
    '98 ITR #0717
    Supercharged!

    [This message has been edited by Rboosted717 (edited October 27, 2000).]

    [This message has been edited by Rboosted717 (edited October 27, 2000).]

  2. #22
    Senior Hostboard Member JRCivic's Avatar
    Join Date
    January 13th, 2000
    Posts
    3,835
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

    Post

    I think the proper direction has been outlined here for you to make vast improvements in your HP output... tune out some fuel, make the resistor mod, and spend some quality time on a dyno with a wideband O2 sensor.
    Also, I don't know how your "R" compared to others when normally aspirated, but you may need to check your OE cam gears to see if they are truly indexed to your crank. If they are not dialed in correctly, you will have too much overlap, and thus your boost pressures will be low. Make sure this is checked... but do it AFTER you make the other mods. If the first three mods fix the car, don't worry about this last one.

    Jim


    ------------------



    '93 Civic Si H/B with B18C1, JRSC @ 8psi
    Best 1320: 12.68 at 110 mph

  3. #23
    Inactive Member 98 ITR-SC's Avatar
    Join Date
    August 22nd, 2000
    Posts
    28
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

    Post

    Vapor Trail:
    The Type R in SCC is runnin an 11lb pully. You guys put it on, please dont mislead the people who are having trouble much like the JR web site is doing.
    later
    scott
    98 ITR supercharged

  4. #24
    Inactive Member Batoutahell's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 19th, 2000
    Posts
    356
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

    Post

    I appreciate all the input. Here's my gameplan. First I'll check the belts - the easiest fix. Then, tune the a/f with a wideband O2, which is a little more difficult b/c Lundgren tells me the closest one is 3 hours away.

    Does anybody here have the details/schematics for the resistor trick? That sounds like a very easy fix.

  5. #25
    Inactive Member lundgren's Avatar
    Join Date
    March 16th, 1999
    Posts
    1,436
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

    Post

    Batoutahell: I can help you with the resistor 'trick', but before you do that you need to confirm that is really the problem. BTW, the dyno in omaho is really 2 hours away in our cars. wink

    ------------------
    http://www.netbsi-kc.com/integra/
    http://www.netbsi-kc.com/aa/
    http://www.groupbuycenter.com/

  6. #26
    Inactive Member fastfour's Avatar
    Join Date
    October 27th, 1999
    Posts
    709
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

    Post

    I tuned my fuel down and have knocked .9 sec off my 1/4 mile time!!!!!! Don't worry, there is still hope. Even if that dyno is 10 hours away, you should make a trip and bring your checkbook! wink

    ------------------
    94 Civic Coupe/LS Hybrid
    JRSC@6psi
    AEM CAI
    DC 4-1 Ceramic Header
    Test Pipe
    GReddy PE exhaust
    Magnacore 8.5mm Wires
    MSD 6A
    Skunkworks Coilovers
    ACT 6 Puck
    Turbo Convert

  7. #27
    Inactive Member 5 Liter Eater's Avatar
    Join Date
    October 24th, 2000
    Posts
    402
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

    Post

    Goddamn this is a good thread!

    You guys are psyching me up to sell off enough stock to get my JRSC. (Even though I don't have an R). Seeing JR staff posting here is really doing wonders to reverse all the negative JRSC brainwashing I have seen. smile

    ------------------
    Bill Winters
    Houston, TX
    '94 bone stock GSR

  8. #28
    Inactive Member Holden's Avatar
    Join Date
    November 6th, 1999
    Posts
    3,007
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

    Post

    5 Liter Eater:

    Don't forget that you have the best platform for a JRSC (a GSR). You will likely have few of these ITR related problems.

    Greg

  9. #29
    Inactive Member Rboosted717's Avatar
    Join Date
    April 5th, 2000
    Posts
    690
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

    Post

    Woha! Um, well... I hope the scale is just large. And Ludgren, I think you need to take a drawing/art class in your spare time! smile J/K! Anyway, I think the dip top end is what I saw in my car, and in ITR006' car. Your car is running way to rich top end. All R's run rich from 7000rpms on due to our crap computer. Your belt could be slipping, however I find it a real BIG quidence that the belt slips at the exact same moment most all type R's start to run rich. If I were you, do the resistor idea ITR006, and Shawn said to do. Heck it only cost like $1.00 for the resistor, and will take like 5min to install it. Hop back on a dyno, test the air/fuel ratio, then pop the resistor in, and do another run! I bet that will solve some of your problems! I'll write more later, because I'm having too much fun playing Ridge Racer on my PLX2!
    Laterz :>

    ------------------
    Mike Marsey
    '98 ITR #0717
    Supercharged!

    [This message has been edited by Rboosted717 (edited October 27, 2000).]

  10. #30
    Inactive Member VaporTrail's Avatar
    Join Date
    October 26th, 2000
    Posts
    215
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

    Post

    I know a lot of you are doubting the claims that JR puts out for the ITR charger, but I've dealt with two seperate cars and had great results, some even better than expected.

    1998 ITR - Intake, header, 3 inch exhaust, 8psi, pump - 230hp

    00 ITR (seen this month in SCC, reviewed briefly in the Pike's Peak Hill climb section) - Comptech Intake/header/exhaust, Fields fuel/vtec controller, pump, 6psi. - 235hp

    These are both measured wheel horsepower ratings. There's no water injection, NOS kits, POS BTM or retard modules, J&S's, just the JR kit and said modifications. The difference? Tuning, without a doubt. Both of these cars rolled onto the dyno and baselined at 200 or so hp. Playing with the fuel pressure and ignition timing on both of these cars netted impressive gains, pushing each of them over the 225 mark at stock (5lbs) boost levels. The 98 pushed the boost up to 8 psi, while the 00 raised it only to 6, both via custom (non JR) pulleys.

    Just thought I'd throw that info into the mix, just for reference.

    ------------------
    -JG-
    00 Honda S2000
    88 Honda CRX (1.8 DOHC VTEC)
    www.vapor-trail.net

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •